We are part of Click Before You Dig MB, a service provided by the Manitoba Common Ground Alliance.
This service coordinates underground line locations for multiple utilities.
Identify underground electrical and natural gas lines before you dig to prevent personal injury or death, costly repairs, equipment damage, service outages, and environmental pollution.
For emergency line locate requests, call 1-800-940-3447.
Before you dig:
- If you plan to excavate or dig into the ground for any reason deeper than 15 cm, complete a line locate online or call 1-800-940-3447 for help with your request.
- You will be contacted within 3 business days with a line locate date.
- You will get a Facilities Locate form with specific instructions that must be followed, in accordance with Government of Manitoba statues and regulations.
- If work has not started within 14 days after line location, you must contact us to have the lines re-marked and receive an updated Facilities Locate form.
For more information, or to reschedule your Manitoba Hydro line locate appointment, call 204-480-1212 within Winnipeg, or 1-888-624-9376 outside of Winnipeg.
- Keep the Facilities Locate form at the site until the excavation and backfill are complete.
- Ensure everyone on the worksite is aware of the presence of all electric and natural gas lines.
- The locate markings must be maintained and kept visible by the person or contractor doing the excavating. Be careful that site operators do not remove the locate markings.