Manitoba Hydro owns and operates a fibre plant spanning thousands of kilometres throughout the province. The plant is used to control and protect the power system in Manitoba. Manitoba Hydro Telecom (MHT) leverages this cable plant to provide an extensive broadband network to deliver services in Winnipeg and rural Manitoba.
The fibre supports both our clients and the local utility, Manitoba Hydro. The support from Manitoba Hydro helps us offer the best fibre optic services in Manitoba. Network and Internet services are available at the bandwidth to suit your organization’s needs with prices that make sense.
Wide Area Ethernet Services
- Ethernet services starting at 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps.
- Extensions to other service providers ranging from major carriers to local ISPs.
- Internet services starting at 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps.
Wave Division Multiplexing
- We use Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM, DWDM, Passive, and Active) to maximize connection capabilities.
- Contact us about 10 Gbps wavelengths.
- Rural TDM services as either T1s or T3s.
- SONET OC3, OC12, and OC48, OC 96, OC192.
We offer both datacentre and tower colocation for customers looking to build resiliency or extend their own networks.
Radio Tower Colocation
- 50 fibre-connected towers around the province, 40 non-connected towers.
- As high as 350 ft, as low as a wood pole. Located at select Manitoba Hydro facilities.
Whether for business, education, or network expansion, a stable, robust, and scalable colocation environment is key to a broad continuity plan. Off-site datacentre space should be an integral component of your organization’s network solution. Ask for a tour of our 360 Portage Datacentre, where many commercial organizations, carriers, and ISPs are located.
- 360 Portage Avenue is a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Platinum-certified facility.
- 100% uptime since operations began in 2010.
- 2 physically diverse substations with an auto switch for transitioning.
- 95 kV per feed.
- Step down transformer at 360 Portage Avenue.
- Diesel generator with 3, 1,170-litre tanks in diverse locations.
- UPS to handle transition to generator.
- 4, 10-ton standalone Leibert AC units in the space.
- AC is vented to a separate cooling tower system on the roof.
- AC units are serviced monthly.
- The Leiberts are shut down individually when serviced.
- The air is recirculated in the building and filtered with Merv 8 Filters on the Leiberts.
- Staff receives an alert when there is a temperature alarm.
- Security personnel only allow access to pre-authorized individuals on a 24/7 basis.
- There is video surveillance onsite.
- Personal Risk Assessments are required for unescorted access.